So you've asked your web developer to create you an email signature and they've sent you an HTML file. Now what?
There are a number of ways to get your sweet, new HTML signature into your email client (application that handles your email, e.g. Outlook), but before you try anything else, try this:
- Open the HTML file in an internet browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or - if you must - Microsoft Internet Explorer). You can most likely do this simply by double-left-clicking on the HTML file.
- Select the entire email signature (once the signature is displayed in the browser left-click inside the browser window, then hit Ctrl-A to select all).
- Copy the selection (with the signature selected, hit Ctrl-C to copy).
- Fire up your email client (e.g. Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook) and find the email signature editing window.
- Paste the signature into the editing window (left-click inside the editing window and hit Ctrl-V).
- Save your HTML email signature.