Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of positively influencing the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's organic (natural or unpaid) search results.
We have been offering SEO services to our clients since our inception and have achieved excellent results.
Interested? Contact us for SEO implementation options.
The Importance of SEO
Are you aware that websites listed on the first page of a Google Search for a particular word or phrase receive over 90% of the traffic, with position 1 and 2 receiving half overall?
What does this mean for your website?
Ultimately, if your website isn't being found when it "should" be, you're missing out on valuable Internet traffic. Ensuring you're found by people searching for your company or brand name isn't difficult, but what about those who don't know your company exists? What about people who are simply searching for a product that you sell? They have have no brand loyalty, and are most likely going to click on the first result that they are presented with.
What Does SEO Involve?
SEO can involve a wide range of tactics - not all of which involve your website directly. However, as Google's primary aim is to serve the best and most relevant results to its users, optimising your website's content is the best way to increase your website traffic. The procedure we generally recommend and implement for our clients is as follows:
- Research: It is important that we understand exactly what your business does and who your target market is. Then we need to find out what people are searching for (keywords) and how much competition there is from other websites for those words or phrases.
- Keyword/phrase Selection: Deciding which keywords and search phrases to target ultimately involves assessing the data gleaned from the research and making some decisions about what words and phrases are going to be most successful in driving traffic to your website. Weighing up keyword popularity, competition and relevance are an important part of this process.
- Implementation: Applying the chosen keywords and phrases to your web pages needs to be done naturally and in moderation. Simply slamming keywords into your content is unlikely to work, could get your website penalised and ultimately creates a horrible experience for your users.
- Observation & Testing: It can take some time for SEO changes to take effect. Once website content changes have been indexed (scanned and updated) by Google, testing can begin to determine how web pages rank for particular search words and phrases.
- Assessment & Reevaluation: It is impossible to predict exactly what the outcome of SEO will be and multiple iterations may be required to achieve the desired results.